Saturday, December 29, 2007

Music I Listen To 1


Lately I have been pumping 'Azteca De Oro' by Chingon in my car all the time. Yes, it's Gangster Rap - and there's a lot of gangster attitude in the tracks. Usually not the kind of music I listen to but somehow - I like it a lot. The music is pretty simple, basically like rap was back in the eighties, straight on point. Chingon's smoked out raspy voice is unheard of in the world of rap. His vocals are on the critical edge between talking and rapping, still he stays always on beat and keeps the flow, changing fluidly from English to Spanish. Unlike typical Chicano Rap which ponders repetitious on topics like smoking weed, robbing or killing people and f**ing a lot of chicas, Chingon's a bit different. Yes, the topics are basically the same, but he manages to pack them into lyrics in such a way you barely notice the similarity. I wasn't able to get any background on him he seems to be connected with Hellafyde Records, not to be confused with the Mariachi band with the same name who contributed to some of Robert Rodriquez' movie soundtracks. Since I'm a bit in a depressive mood towards the end of the year, this suits me just fine right now. Listen to previews at MP3-Planet.

No comments: